These sites I find really helpful.
Some reference images like these are useful if you’re unable to find/join a life drawing class. Though I would highly recommend going to one:
Eadweard Muybridge photography is very helpful in understanding the body in movement.
Reference! Reference! is a free database that collects different video clips, with categories ranging from facial expressions, to styles of fighting, and animals in motion.
You can play and pause the videos, and move through them frame-by-frame easily.
I’m freaking out, man.
okay so i made a masterpost of art references/tutorials for my own future reference but they might be helpful to some of you guys too idkEYES
- head and eyes tutorial
- fantasy eyes tutorial (semi-realistic)
- eyes + eyebrows tutorial
- cute eyes tutorial
- another cute eyes tutorial
- semi-realistic anime eyes tutorial
- eyes tutorial
- another (semi-realistic) eye tutorial
- semi-realistic eye process
- another eye process
- it’s another eye process
- different eye shapes
- nose tutorial
- skulls, noses and lips tutorial
- semi-realistic nose process
- noses tutorial/reference
- another nose process
- fantasy lips tutorial (semi-realistic)
- mouths tutorial
- ears tutorial
- another ears tutorial
- lips tutorial
- semi-realistic lips process
- face tutorial
- unique male faces tutorial
- unique female faces tutorial
- another face tutorial
- profile view proportions
- profile view tutorial
- yet another profile view tutorial
- the human head from different angles and perspectives
- the human head from more angles
- head proportions from different angles
- facial expression tutorial
- another facial expression tutorial
- yeah you guessed it it’s another expressions tutorial
- expressions photo dump
- body language
- tips on drawing glasses
- skin tutorial
- another skin colouring tutorial
- skin tone palettes
- hair and necks tutorial
- braids tutorial
- how to draw hair
- hair + hairlines tutorial
- hair process
- jawline + kissing tips
- kissing tutorial
- couples poses reference
- portrait lighting reference
- lineart tutorial
someone asked about sitting poses so i drew a bunch while watching a movie YEAH
PLS USE THIS ONLY as a loose reference THE ANATOMY IS PROBABLY NOT SPOT ON cause they’re done real quick HOPE IT HELPS!
Figure drawing notes of Kevin Chen, one of the best character design teachers in the industry. His analytical approach of the subject is very helpful in live drawing classes, as well as drawing from imagination.
His classes are not only dealing with anatomy details, but also cover most of drawing fundamentals, such as rithm, values, perspective and construction.
Be sure to check all his thread on Conceptart, all the info compressed there is very valuable.
瞬間連写アクションポーズ02 殺陣・ソードアクション篇 [単行本] and 瞬間連写アクションポーズ03 ヒロイン・アクション篇 [単行本] Real Action Pose Books.
The sword one is neat because they have a
kimono on and kimonowhoops robe off and robe on version of each shot most of the time. And the third book looks really nice, I hope I can find it. Bought this also from Kinokuniya in hopes one day I do an action comic mixing a storyboard/comic style for the action scenes. An example of this would be some panels Agasang did I still swoon over.
Also I wonder how many takes it took to get that cool scene down where he kicks the guys sword back in.
Sitting Poses References